Software Engineer - Python Developer (BB-37428)
Encontrado en: Neuvoo AR
Credit Technology is focussed on delivering best in class technology solutions to the Credit Trading business where JP Morgan is a market leader. We are a team of around 300 people globally that partner closely with the quant research group and face off directly to the trading desks. Our core strength is providing technical expertise and software development skills that directly affect the ability of our business to generate revenue and remain the dominant player in the market. We are committed to hiring the brightest and best technical experts and in return can offer roles with direct trading and quant interaction on projects from electronic and algorithmic trading to grid based computation of real-time risk metrics.
We are looking to hire an associate level software engineer in BA to work in our Athena development team helping our Leveraged Finance business. Athena is the strategic risk, pricing, and trade management platform created at JP Morgan and is designed to enable rapid innovation. It is a Python based platform that offers Technologists, Quantitative Analysts and Risk Managers a cross-asset portfolio of models, frameworks and tools to use in building financial applications
The role will combine all aspects of software development from design and build to deployment, working within a team of experienced technologists. It requires an expertise in creating high quality and reusable components in a service-oriented architecture that will be leveraged by a variety of teams across Credit Technology as well as for direct deliveries to the desk. The successful candidate must be comfortable working as a front-office facing developer in a high pressure, challenging role with a focus on solving business problems via technology in a fast changing environment: time to market is critical, but without compromising on quality or performance.
• Develop robust, performant pricing, trading and risk systems including building new applications & enriching existing applications using the most suitable technology choices. Align development with the overall Credit trading strategy.
• Work across entire software development lifecycle – requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, deployment, handover to operate teams.
• Work closely with the Trading, Operations and Quant teams to develop pricing, data and analytic components in Python/Athena
• Enhance the team by demonstrating best practice throughout the software development lifecycle: testing, code review, accurate status reporting, focus on application resilience and “silent running”.
What do we offer?
• A diverse, inclusive and flexible environment.
• Direct Exposure to a strategic technology platform that spans multiple functions and asset classes
• Fast paced, dynamic environment with significant opportunities for career growth
• Close partnership with the Leveraged Finance business including the possibility of direct and frequent interaction with senior business stakeholders.
• Strong analytical development skills, solid understanding of computer science fundamentals and experience in real-time, high performance areas.
· Writing tests, object modelling and refactoring. Experience of agile.
• Creative, quick-thinking, pragmatic, with an aptitude for solving problems with technology and an ability to quickly translate requirements into a sound technical design and implementation.
• Proven organisational skills, decisive priority management, strong teamwork ethic, excellent verbal & written communication skills.
• The ideal candidate will likely be qualified to degree level in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Maths or related engineering discipline
• Strong technology generalist – experience building highly performant and resilient enterprise applications used within a high performance/realtime environment
• Experience working in a team with a strong software development process (build, test, deploy etc)
• Experience of developing in HTML5, JS , REACT & Python is preferred, but not necessary
• A desire to learn more about the Leveraged Finance Business
calendar_todayhace 5 días