VP of Communications (BB-BB2A3)
Encontrado en: Neuvoo Bulk AR
Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Toptal’s VP of Communications will serve as the central leader responsible for growing awareness of and building credibility for Toptal globally. They will be the authority and driver on all news stories, trending topics, and high-level business relationships relevant to the brand. This person will help build, shape, and protect the Toptal brand while furthering its awareness and credibility through media, business, and political relationships.
Be at the forefront of one of the most important and relevant conversations happening in the media today: global employment, jobs, and the future of work. Help to facilitate relationships with notable journalists, ensure that meetings with Global 2000 C-level’s have a purpose and follow up, and represent Toptal to presidents and prime ministers of countries with the highest level of professionalism and respect.
By working with the key leaders around the organization, the VP of Communications will drive opportunities for relevant initiatives across the Toptal organization. They will manage external media and PR relationships while understanding how their needs and interests overlap with Toptal’s goals. Furthermore, we want this professional to look across the organization to conjure up new business and media ideas which will further the goals that we’ve outlined for the organization.
The successful candidate will be a strong executive leader who excels at building relationships across relevant media members, brands and leaders with vision within Toptal’s audiences. Creativity and the ability to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes with top-tier media will ensure Toptal’s public image reflects our focus on quality.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Integrate into all relevant areas of our company and work with key leaders to build and execute PR & media strategies that accelerate mid-stream and future initiatives.
- Act as the primary custodian of our brand with media, analysts, and other third parties.
- Monitor all Toptal mentions by the outside world, ensuring the brand is accurately represented and building relationships as appropriate.
- Evaluate which members of media, academics, analysts, partners, and more are pertinent to Toptal, and will devise and execute creative strategies for building relationships with them.
- Fully manage the pitch ideation, asset development, and publishing processes. Build the standards, processes, infrastructure, and team needed to scale a world-class PR function driving value at a high-growth organization from the ground up.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Rapidly begin learning about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision.
- Shadow key teams across Toptal to learn the core of our operations and capabilities.
- Build a fundamental understanding of Toptal’s PR operations.
- Meet with key executives to understand their perceptions of Toptal and its importance within media areas.
- Learn about the essential OKRs and goals that have been set forth for this role’s function.
In the first month, expect to:
- Go through deeper onboarding in key areas of the company for which PR is of strategic importance, including beginning to do real work with the associated team leads and individual contributors.
- Onboard onto ongoing and upcoming initiatives that are relevant to PR.
- Plan out a roadmap for the long-term success of PR at Toptal.
- Drive Toptal’s pitch ideation and development process.
- Partner with the CEO to understand the initiatives and relationships that are the keys to success.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Launch a PR roadmap, setting up the Communications team for high standards, durability, and scale.
- Assume management of all media relationships and coordinate with internal partners on relevant opportunities.
- Drive real impact for Toptal, building its reach and credibility for all its audiences, with a particular focus on enterprise and what the future holds for all types of work.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Build and implement strategies for long-term relationship building and media engagement.
- Develop Toptal’s long-term initiatives for successful PR launches.
- Collaborate with our CEO and other spokespeople in the company to prepare for public appearances, align messaging, and further the brand.
- Be fully responsible for all Toptal PR and media communications and relationships.
- Be a committed consumer of news and media.
- A background in journalism and media at a top-tier organization.
- A proven record of PR leadership in high-growth organizations.
- Excel at critically evaluating business initiatives and translating them into compelling media stories.
- Thrive when building relationships from scratch with media contacts across all backgrounds and industries.
- High emotional intelligence and an empathetic understanding of the needs, biases, and capabilities of others.
- Ownership. Take responsibility for the public image of the organization.
- Quality. Take pride in everything delivered as a reflection of your own image.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly and constantly with teams via Slack and other collaboration tools.
- Experience in academic research and/or writing of some form from a top university is preferred.
- Act as a relentless, creative problem solver who is unwilling to compromise on the clarity and impact of content.
- Must possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as perfect grammar and command of the English language.
- Open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #LI-DNI
Public Relations Communications Strategy Leadership
This position is currently not open. Apply here for future opportunities.
As Toptal’s Chief Executive Officer, Taso manages Toptal’s core team of hundreds of team members distributed throughout the world, with a focus on innovation. Since Toptal was founded in 2010, Taso has led it to become the largest high-skilled, on-demand talent network in the world. Taso serves on the board of multiple organizations, advising on talent strategy and innovation for Fortune 100s and nonprofits. Taso has guest lectured at Harvard Business School, Wharton, and Oxford on talent management and entrepreneurship.
VP of Content Marketing & Marketing Operations
As Toptal's VP of Brand Marketing, Mike is the authority, curator, and nurturer of all aspects of the Toptal brand across all audiences and touchpoints. He has over 20 years of marketing and advertising experience, working with some of the world's largest and most reputable brands, including Apple, Unilever, Pepsi, and Visa. He has also led all marketing efforts to launch a new brand from the ground-up, including web design, branding, packaging, advertising, social media, and email marketing. Mike received his BA from the University of Pennsylvania.
VP of Communications
As Toptal’s VP of Communications, Simon is responsible for media relations and the company’s communications with key influencers and stakeholders. With over 25 years of communications and marketing experience, primarily spent in the automotive industry, he has worked for some of the world’s best known brands including Microsoft, Nissan, and Tesla. Prior to Toptal, Simon served as the Chief Marketing Officer for Aston Martin Lagonda. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Geography from London University.
We're changing the way the world works. Toptal is not only a place to progress your career and design your own lifestyle, but also a company where you'll learn how to develop innovations that push business and technology forward.
What is an accomplishment you're particularly proud of that showcases a skillset or ability you would bring in this role?
What types of projects would you love to work on?
I would like to subscribe to Toptal Insights and read cutting-edge perspectives about distributed teams and the Future of Work.
I would like to be contacted about future Toptal employment opportunities.
Our team reviews every application. We will reach out to set up an interview if we feel you are a great fit.
Interested in joining our global talent network?
Working at Toptal has been the best experience of my career. Every day I'm surrounded by intelligent, thoughtful, and hard-working colleagues that push me to be better.
calendar_todayhace 1 día