Applications Support (BB-D2E51)
Encontrado en: Neuvoo AR
Job DescriptionJob Description
This role provides the opportunity to be part of the Production Management Team in support of global applications. The Production Management Team is accountable for the applications being available during the required business times.
The team leverages tools to proactively monitor the health of the applications and infrastructure – ensuring processes are running, feeds are processing, jobs and dependencies are being executed, and ensuring all business functionality and support requirements are met. A successful Production Management team member needs to posses’ technological savvy, business acumen, and internal customer service skills to timely respond and adapt to changing priorities.Objectives
· Support global applications and batches/feeds within the production environment, including an extensive and practical understanding of the applications.
· Maintain Global relationships with various other support teams as well as business users.
· Maintain and manage application and infrastructure availability with resiliency discipline, with inherent capability to perform complex issue investigation and resolution across wide range of applications.
· Perform timely escalation of critical production environment incidents and proactively identify patterns of recurring incidents to improve service capabilities.
· Develop and utilize core tools and processes to perform daily function whilst improving day to day practices for the global production management group.Responsibilities
· Work as part of the production management organization to deliver against core business objectives and ensure delivering of business functionality and stability.
· Perform day-to-day production support to maximize system availability and correct operation, diagnose issues, with ownership of problems to resolution.
· Support application release deployment activities into the production environment.
· Develop strong relationships with resolver teams, application development teams, and other upstream and downstream support teams.
· Develop strong technical expertise in technology and associated applications to understand the end to end transaction flows of applications across the production domain.
· Develop, document, and maintain best practice policies to ensure knowledge retention and continuous learning within team with a view to developing production management knowledge and skills by sharing experiences and attending relevant training.
· Participate in incident and crisis management events, supporting resolution activities and providing regular status updates to business users and define/track remediation actions to close.
· Participate in weekend support and testing around key deployments and business continuity exercises.
· Participate in a support shift rotation to ensure adequate global business support coverage. This includes weekend support.
· Provides 24x7 production management application support. Weekend, holidays and out of hours work is required. Coverage will include non-business hours, which may result in evening and weekend support remotely or onsite.Skills and Knowledge Required
· Must be able to multi-task in a complex production environment and quickly acquire broad knowledge of applications.
· Articulate bi-lingual communication skills (written and verbal).
· Self-starter with confidence to drive issues through to completion in highly pressured environment.
· Strong problem management and problem investigation skills with ability to learn new skills quickly to value add in problem focus areas.
· Multi-disciplined technology skills encompassing some or all.
· Unix (RedHat Linux) skills including Unix Shell Scripting – ksh, perl, bash, etc.
· Database skills (Sybase, Oracle, MSQL) including SQL and Stored Procedures.
· Monitoring tools knowledge: Geneos, Splunk, etc.
· Scheduling tools knowledge: Control-m, Autosys, etc.
· Networking basic knowledge.
· Programming skills (desirable):
· 5+ years working in a support capacity in a time sensitive environment.
· Familiarity with the Unix Operating system and environment.
· Financial institution experience or exposure a plus.
calendar_todayhace 11 horas
location_onBuenos Aires, Argentina
work J.P. Morgan