Research Associate (BB-F885E)
Encontrado en: Neuvoo AR
This position supports the Tucuman Research Center staff in performing key field activities and related to the successful development and evaluation of corn hybrids and inbreds and soybean varieties for the Argentina North West market (NOA). Primary emphasis will be to provide technical and operational leadership over testing locations activities related to planting, phenotyping, data collection and harvesting. This position includes training, and supervisory responsibilities for designated full-time, temporary, and seasonal employees at this area.
• Provide leadership for the corn hybrids and inbreds and soybean variety testing and observations program, organizing planting, spraying, data collection and harvest activities to fulfill requirements field experiments according to available objectives, resources, and procedures while exercising independent judgment and discretion.
• Collaborate organizing and managing resources, equipment and supplies ensuring objectives are met in safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner whilst adhering to protocols.
• Lead and execute testing activities at NOA area to ensure objectives are met.
• Monitor and guide activities to ensure the quality and accuracy of data collection from yield and observation test plots.
• Implement analytical methodologies for trait characterization in a yield testing field.
• Determine personnel, equipment and technologies needed to carry out experiments according to protocol and ensure personnel are properly trained for the task and equipment is properly calibrated. Essential to ensure smooth workflow to complete field operations according to protocols.
• Minimum education of a BS degree agronomy or any related field of biological sciences.
• Minimum of 2 years of related experience, or equivalent education and experience.
• Knowledge of plant development and physiology, plant pathology, and experimental field plot design is beneficial.
• Excellent personal interaction skills are required for fostering teamwork, enhancing a good working environment, being an effective supervisor, and effectively developing strong internal and external working relationships with a diverse group of people. This includes communication skills in spoken and written English and a proven ability to work well with a wide range of people.
• Excellence in multi-tasking, planning complex projects, and effective time management is also required.
• Flexible work schedules during peak workload periods. Job will require occasional travel and extended hours with weekend work during seasonal workload peaks.
• Strong computer science/information management, data management, and statistical analysis skills are necessary. Highly proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and other software for data analysis, database development and maintenance, data storage, and file manipulation. The ability to learn new software will be required.
• Well driving and driver’s license is required.
calendar_todayhace 2 días
info Full Time
location_onSan Miguel de Tucumán, Argentina
work Corteva Agriscience